Chapter 1.1 - My Family

My mom and dad, Reinhold and Elizabeth Munker were married in Kalispell, Montana in 1911. On July 25, 1913 I was born. The folks lived on a small farm in Smith Valley, six miles west of Boorman Lake, which is west of Kalispell. Dad worked in a sawmill located on a lake. I was born in Grandma and Grandpa Munker’s house at 804 Fifth Avenue West in Kalispell. On May 25, 1915 my sister Lilly was born at the folks’ farm. Not long after, the folks sold out and moved to Kalispell and lived on Sixth Avenue Northwest and Dad worked in the Kalispell flourmill. Relatives told us that Mom and Dad were very much in love and happy. They called me Little Petsi and sis Lilly, Putsi when we were little kids.

Chapter 1.1 - My Family (T1.02)


[A note about the track format. The above "1.1" refers to the first entry of the first chapter. The "T1.02" refers to the second track of the first audio tape. The first tracks of each tape will eventually be together in the "Welcome" entry. I hope that is not too confusing.]

No comments: