Welcome!

Dear kids (and grandkids and great grandkids),

In August 1990 Steve and Cynthia sent me a tape and suggested I give you my family history. In December 1990 I complied and made copies for all three of my kids: Karen, Steve and Tom. I was always reluctant to start such a project but I have reconsidered. After that first tape I made several more. This book comes from six tapes of experiences that I have recorded over twelve years. In September 2001 my grandson James, Tom’s oldest, offered to help me take these tapes and put them together in a book. He started on this project in May 2003.

There is some overlap since the first chapter is meant to be a general overview of my life. My sis Lilly—Betty Meyers—and I have discussed the following over the years. Some of the information comes from Aunt Mayme Munker, Mom’s sister. Other information comes from Uncle Alfred and Aunt Edna. A little comes from Grandma Munker that Sis and I lived with from 1918 until she died in 1935. Grandma Munker was very reluctant to talk to us about our parents’ early years.

Chapter 2 is about my grade school years and then high school. Chapter 3 is about how I met Lindy Robinson, Karen’s mom, and my life together with her. Chapter 4 is about my time in the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Chapter 5 is about my background with Jo Peatross and Chapter 6 is about my life with Minnie Christensen.

It took me years to put this information together. Hopefully, this book will help you understand me better. I love you all. Love each other! Don’t be stingy with hugs. I remember Min and I would often grab each other as we walked about in the house and give each other a big hug. I’m really blessed.

So long for now. I’ll be happy to hear from you.

Paul Arthur Krause

[Originally compiled June 2004 from the various intros of each audio tape. Eventually, we will include the introductions to each of the six tapes in this post.]


Chapter 1.0 - Intro (T1.01)

1 comment:

Tom Krause said...

Yay! This is way cool.