Chapter 1.8 - Working with Dad

When Sis and I were growing up, we often wondered what it would be like to have parents like the rest of the neighbor kids. When I was a little older, there were times in the summer when I would go and help Dad clear land. He and I had many great fishing experiences in that big Flathead River that flowed between his place and the Soldier’s Home where he worked. He had a rowboat and in evenings he’d go over and work on clearing land. Up there it stays light until about 10:00 P.M. He’d drill and blast stumps and the next day he or I would go dig out dirt around the roots of the blasted stumps and pile up wood that had flown all over from the blasting. In time he would light these and burn the stumps and the wood out to below plow level. That was really a lot of hard work.


Chapter 1.8 - Working with Dad (T1.09)

No comments: