Anyway, in the spring of 1935 I left New York. I had saved up $750 and had paid Uncle Al and Aunt Edna back the train fare and I paid them room and board every month and I had just been accepted to enroll in the School of Forestry in Missoula that September. And Grandma Munker was not well. She was sick, almost in bed by that time. She and Sis were living in the old house where I was born in Kalispell. So I went back and Grandma got me a job with the son of an old time friend of hers who had a fruit and vegetable produce place called Waybright Produce. Sis was working as a clerk typist in the forest service office. She and Grandma and I were there in the house. I got fifteen bucks a week at the Waybright Produce through the summer.
Chapter 1.22 - Back Home (T1.25)
Chapter 1.22 - Back Home (T1.25)
No comments:
Post a Comment